Many companies claim “green”. But, the complexity of true sustainability is much more than recycling paper. Premier Press is the first full-service printing company on the west coast to qualify for SGP certification (Sustainable Green Printing Partners). SGP audits, documents, applies program metrics, implements management systems, requires environmental footprint reduction, pollution prevention and monitors social and ethical aspects of a business. Premier Press is documented and audited “green”. Operating as a 100% wind powered business, certified by several major environmental organizations and a carbonless footprint business, we are a proven industry leader in our commitment to be “green”.
Our goal is to be a forerunner in the battle for true sustainability.
- SGP Certified
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
The SGP Sustainable Green Printing Partnership’s www.sgppartnership.org mission is to promote worldwide participation in reducing environmental impact, while increasing social responsibility of the graphic communications industry through certification, continuous improvement, and finding the best practices within manufacturing operations.
The SGP Certification guidelines state that the business must employ materials that are derived from renewable resources, use low environmental impact materials whenever possible, maximize recycling and recovery, encourage change from their vendors, and educate their customers.
Corporate social responsibility issues are becoming a core component of corporate brands. Dealing responsibly with your company’s footprint cannot only reduce risk, but can enhance your brand if you walk the walk and know how to talk about it. Carrying the FSC-certification logo on your print products tells the world that you support the highest social and environmental standards in the market where you use paper. Your purchase of FSC-certified paper and print products contribute to conservation, responsible management, and community level benefits for people near the forests that provide your paper. us.fsc.org
Sustainable Forestry Initiative, www.sfiprogram.org, addresses the 90 percent of the world’s forests that are not certified. Program participants must show that the raw material in their supply chain comes from legal and responsible sources, whether the forests are certified or not. To meet the certified sourcing requirements, primary producers must be third-party audited and certified to SFI Requirements: Section 2 – SFI 2010-2014 Standard (Objectives 8-20). Secondary producers who want to use the “certified fiber sourcing” label must be certified to SFI Requirements: Section 4 – SFI Certified Sourcing Label Use Requirements.
Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification is prevalent in Europe and therefore the world’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management. Less comprehensive than FSC and similar to SFI.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT:
- First full service printer that is SGP certified on the West coast
- Comprehensive recycling: paper, metals, vinyls, pallet wrap, & plastic
- Reuse pallets and printing blankets
- Invested in UV Ink technology to eliminate VOCs (volatile organic compounds – air pollutants)
- Baldwin blanket wash technology – an investment decreasing wash-up VOCs by 95%
- Wide format division UV flatbed printers to eliminate VOCs output
- Warehouse retrofitted with energy efficient T8 lighting with motion sensors – 50% energy reduction
- Green Team: in-house program to promote sustainable systems and solutions
- e2printing ink: environmental benefits include renewable vegetable oils, low VOCs (5% or less per color), reduction of ink and paper consumables