We’re always looking for better, faster, greener ways to grow. We’re excited to say that our new Fujifilm Platesetter fulfills all of these criteria.
Since we bought our last state-of-the-art platesetter, we have replaced presses, computers, inks, rips, proofers, and even a handful of our personnel (what can I say – we like it here!).
Our new platesetter brings you
- Better ink hold on small dots for excellent tone reproduction
- Improved grain structure for sharper, cleaner, drier sheets
- Perfect registration for faster make-readies
- Higher quality on press
In that rare case a new plate is needed, the Fuji can make one in as little as 2 minutes.
We’re even more efficient and sustainable:
- An intelligent processor that replenishes only as needed and uses one eighth the chemicals
- Half the water use
- About 70% the electricity
- An autoloader that holds 90 plates
- An in-line plate punch dialed in for our presses
- No silver recovery or in-house treatment needed for the effluent
- A reduction in maintenance time from 10 hours per week to 1 hour per month!
Now that the new platesetter is up and running we’ll be tearing down a wall to remove the old one. We’ve decided to make this an opportunity to redesign our workspace, allowing us to collaborate more effectively and provide much needed room for growth.