Print Rocks 2013!
The world of print holds this annual event. Like the Grammy awards, perhaps not quite as formal–I never did find a red carpet. This illustrious event is presented by PPI, Pacific Printing Industries Association, the Northwests Visual Communications Industries Association. Quite a mouthful there. All to say, Printing Association. Our NW Branch covers Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii. Printers from this region send in samples of their best work to be judged for this event. Winning print samples from this event are then sent to the International Program. Winners of the international judging receive a gold statue of Benjamin Franklin. Solid gold, dreaming here. The Benny award. Our industrys version of an Oscar. Print is judged in many categories such as books, folders, promotional mailings, self-promotional pieces and multi-channel, according to production categories such as offset, digital, specialty screening, foil, emboss, die-cut, wide format / large format, etc.
Premier Press came home with a long list of awards. A big thank you to all the wonderful and creative clients we work with!
Best of Show Winner!
We are very excited to announce we were awarded best of show for Jordan Brand, Nike, Inc. for Michael Jordans 50 Years hard bound book. 50 Years showcases photos with color image crossovers, foil stamp crossovers, foil and deboss cover. The 340 line screen printing on beautiful uncoated papers makes for fantastic color hold out and amazing texture. Congratulations to Jordan Brand, Nike Inc. Satoru Igarashi, creative Director and Dave Frank Art Director. Eric Farrara drove the print creative production at Premier. Beautiful!
Congratulations to our Best of Division winners
- Kyle Bunting The Extraordinary in the Hide, (Best of Books) Design by Grant Peterson, Peterson Design
- Ann Sacks TIDEWATER, (Best of Finishing-Foil Stamping/Embossing) Creative Direction + Design by: CO Projects / Rebecca Cohen
- Farrara Wedding Invitation (Best of Invitations), Design by Premier Press
- Specialty Cigar, Flor de Dios Labels (Best of Packaging/Labels)
- Nike Global Brand Design Fast is Faster (Best of Packaging-Cartons and Containers), Design by Nemo Design
- Premier Press Good Stuff (Best of Self Promotion), Design by Adam Garcia
2nd Place winners:
- Why Do I Live Here Notecards, Design by Animalia Design, llc.
- Boeing The New 737 Max Coffee Table Book, Design by Wirestone
- Leblon How to Be Brazilian, A guide by founder of Leblon Steve Luttmann
3rd Place winners:
- Smith Optics 2013 Catalog, Design by Smith Optics
- St. Germain Holiday, Design by Sandstrom Design
- Reliance BC, Design by DHX Advertising
- Hive 2013 Catalog Mailer, Design by Heather Park at Scenic Design Firm
- New System Laundry Pocket Folder and Inserts, Design by DHX Advertising
- DeWils Beauty Book, Design by DHX Advertising
PDX is a hub for outstanding creative. The opportunity to push the envelope, utilize new technologies and be risk-takers in the creative processes makes it a pure pleasure to work in the Pacific Northwest in this industry. Thank you to everyone who embraces all that print can do and all that it can beand how print really defines company brand.